Support local environmental action through a special donation to the Montgomery County Group of the Maryland Chapter of the Sierra Club. We are working on issues that matter to you! For instance:
- In the spring and fall ... Sierra Club volunteers remove invasive plants from Blue Mash Nature Trail helping to save native trees and plants, conserving biodiversity, and ensuring this park will be around for future generations to enjoy and be inspired.
- In the last year ... We held six energy saving presentations for households and civic associations led by Sierra Club volunteers. Participants left these meetings with tips for reducing their energy use, and their carbon footprint, by 20 to 40 percent!
- And ... Through the lobbying efforts of the Sierra Club and partner organizations we have protected the Ten Mile Creek watershed, fought against a large gas station at Wheaton Mall, campaigned to save Nick's Organic Farm, and supported the Agricultural Preservation Master Plan.
- And right now ... we are shaping the County's transit and smart growth policy by lobbying against ever-growing, sprawl-inducing road networks and supporting affordable housing and fewer, less widely scattered activity centers. We have promoted smart growth, transit oriented projects at Gaithersburg West/Great Seneca Science Center, White Flint, and Wheaton; Bus Rapid Transit; rail extensions to Tysons Corner; the Purple Line; and a Potomac River light rail crossing.
Our Group is 100% fueled by volunteer energy! But there are still expenses to be met—room rental fees for events; printing costs for our annual newsletter; political advocacy; smart growth outreach; and informative handouts for our energy saving presentations.
- Support our political advocacy and lobbying efforts by donating online or by mail. This type of donation is not tax deductible.
- Donate online with your credit card using PayPal
- Or, donate by mail. Make your check payable to "Sierra Club - Montgomery County Group" and mail to the address below.
- Make a tax-deductible contribution to support our educational, outreach, and training programs.
- Donate online with your credit card
- Or, donate by mail. Please make your check payable to "Sierra Club Foundation." Write "Montgomery County Group" in the memo corner of the check and mail to the address below.
Please mail your donation to:
Sierra Club Maryland Chapter
7338 Baltimore Avenue #111
College Park, MD 20740
A matching fund of $1,000 has been set up by the Montgomery County Sierra Club Executive Committee. Every donation is matched dollar-for-dollar.
(Return to Top)